Friday, August 26, 2011

Looking down the river...

Im reading a book by Robb Wolf who uses an analogy of standing in a river and facing downstream as if the water is flowing from behind you. It has something to do with having to look to the past before we can turn and face the future. I don't really understand it...yet, but I will say that as I live day in day out I cant help but feel that looking backwards makes a lot of sense in thinking about how we treat food, our eating habits, and even the way we stay active. Robb has TONS of scientific, anthropological, real world, and theoretical research to back his claims. I have none of that. All I have are my two eyes, and I see the world around me changing. Getting fatter, people being more sedentary, and all of us getting our food more from factories than farms. I don't pretend to know what to do about this on a large scale, but I do know that feeling this way is too much for me to just ignore.

So what am I going to do? I'm going to try and look backwards, while also living in today. As many may already know, Im already passionate about fitness, especially running and triathlon. I will always swim, bike, and run but honestly a lot of the carb heavy, processed products we use in triathlon I think have contributed to my overall feeling of flab. I've come a LONG way in my health and in my body, but I'm ready to get over this plateau and take my health and fitness to a new level.

Practically, I am going on a 30 day paleo challenge with my new Crossfit gym. I've eaten this way before and I love it. As I said I am also starting Crossfit. I don't know if I will love it or not, but I want to love it. I want to transform myself, inside and out. I'm planning some things I've never done before. I will keep this blog, as well as adding video blogging. I'll share recipes, things I like, things I don't. I want to share it with the world, and I hope it's mildly interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment